The Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE) Program prepares graduates with a high scientific background at the theoretical and practical levels that accommodate developments in science and technology and have the established scientific foundations to accommodate what is new in the future in the field of electronics and communications and participate in this future through development, innovation, and scientific research, which contribute to community service.and satisfy its needs. This mission is adopted by distinguished faculty members who apply global quality standards and cooperate with specialized institutes at the national and international levels.
(1) To graduate distinguished engineers who can face current and future challenges and be able to solve technical and industrial problems in the field of electronics and communication engineering at both national and international levels.
(2) To provide students with interpersonal skills and work ethics that enable them to effectively participate in global communities and professional societies.
(3) To continuously develop education and practical training to provide students with emerging knowledge and skills in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
In order to achieve its main objectives, the ECE program aims to provide the students with the following skills:
1. Apply the knowledge in mathematics, science, and engineering principles.
2. Encompass the needed engineering design skills in electronics and communication engineering.
3. Have the required skill to perform laboratory and field experiments and interpret their results.
4. Solve practical engineering problems in his work place.
5. Possess good oral and written communication skills.
6. function effectively as an individual or as a member of a multi-disciplinary professional team.
7. Possess a firm understanding of engineering ethical, legal, and professional responsibiliies.
8. appreciate the need for and have the ability to engage in life-long learning experience as an engineer.
9. Improve the student practical skills in hadnling and dealing with electronics and communication technology including the fabrication, characterization, and installation of components, devices, and systems.
10. Work in multi-disciplinary environment and follow and contribute to the developments in electronics and communication engineering recognizing the significance of life-long learning.
Main ECE Tracks :
The department aims to give our students the ability to mix electronic circuits and systems. He or she will also gain knowledge in signals, communications systems and networks, and photonic and microwave devices and circuits.