Advanced manufacturing processing
Metal Forming: Severe plastic deformation using different techniques such as ECAP and ARB techniques of aluminum alloys. Severe plastic deformation is a recent technique used to obtain ultrafine grains in the material to provide special properties such as higher strength and ductility, better corrosion and wear resistance. Different techniques and materials were used in this group of research such as aluminum and aluminum alloys, composite materials.
3D printing: 3D printing is a recent manufacturing technique and is highly demanded all over the world and recently in Egypt as it allows the fabrication of metallic and polymeric components directly from the CAD model without the need of casting, forming, or machining processes. In the present work is some initial publications to study the effect of process parameters on the microstructure and properties of 3D printed parts mainly made of special tool steel in order to determine the optimum process parameters to give the best mechanical properties.
Related Journal Publication List
- F.Shehata, N. El Mahallawy, M. Arab, M. Agwa” Equal channel angular pressing of Al-SiC composites fabricated by stir casting” Open Journal of Metals, 2013 , 3, 26-33.
- N. El Mahallawy, F. Shehata, M. Abdel Hameed, M. Abdel Aal “ Effect of Cu content and number of passes on evolution of microstructure and mechanical properties of ECAPed Al/Cu alloys, Materials Science and Engineering A, 517 ( 2009) 46-50.
- N. El Mahallawy, F. Shehata, M. Abdel Hameed, M. Abdel Aal, H. S. Kim“3D FEM simulations for the homogeneity of plastic deformation in Al-Cu alloys during ECAP”, Materials Science and Engineering A, 527 ( 2010) 1404-1410.
- Mohamed Ibrahim Abd El Aal, Nahed El Mahallawy, Farouk A. Shehata, Mohamed Abd El Hameed, Eun-Yoo Yoon, and Hyoung Seop Kim“ Tensile Properties and Fracture Characteristics of ECAP Processed Al and Al- Cu Alloys” Metals and Materials International, vol. 16 no 5 (2010) p. 709-716 (The Korean Institute of Metals and Materials, co-published with Springer Netherlands).
- Mohamed Ibrahim Abd El Aal, Nahed El Mahallawy, Farouk A. Shehata, Mohamed Abd El Hameed,Eun Yoo Yoon, Hyoung Seop Kim“ Wear properties of ECAP-processed ultrafine grained Al–Cu alloys” Materials Science and Engineering A, 527 (2010) 3726-3732.
- Mohamed Ibrahim Abd El Aal, Nahed El Mahallawy, Farouk A. Shehata, Mohamed Abd El Hameed,Eun Yoo Yoon, Jung Hwan Lee and Hyoung Seop Kim “Tensile properties and fracture characteristics of ECAP-processed Al and Al-Cu alloys”, Met. Mater. Int. vol 16 no 5 , 2010, p. 709- 716.
- M. S. Arab, N. El Mahallawy, F. Shehata , M. A. Agwa “Refining SiCp in reinforced Al-SiC composites using equal-channel angular pressing “ Materials and Design 64 (2014) 260-266.IF 3.171 Eigen Factor 0.03.
- N.El Mahallawy, A. Fathy, W. Abdelaziem, M. Hassan “Microstructure evolution and mechanical properties of A/Al-12% Si multilayer processed by accumulated roll bonding (ARB) Materials science & Engineering A 647 (2015) 127-135. IF= 2.7? Eigen factor 0.077.
- Nahed El Mahallawy, Adel Fathy and Mohammed Hassan “Evaluation of mechanical properties and microstructure of Al/Al–12%Si multilayer via warm accumulative roll bonding process “ JOURNAL OF COMPOSITE MATERIALS DOI: 10.1177/0021998317692141, 2017 published on line Feb 2017 0(0) 1-11 2017 IF= 1.3 EF=0.01.
- Gehan A. Abd El Raouf, Nahed El Mahallawy,M.K. Shoukry “ The Cyclic Extrusion Behavior of Severe Plastic Deformation (CEC) of Aluminum Alloy 6061” March 2020, Key Engineering Materials 835:186-192. DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.835.186.
- G. El-Garhy , N. El Mahallawy , M.K. Shoukry “Effect of grain refining by cyclic extrusion compression (CEC) of Al-6061 and Al-6061/SiC on wear behavior” journal of Materials Research and Technology, Volume 12, May–June 2021, Pages 1886-1897, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmrt.2021.03.114 IF=5.289.
- M. Harraz, N El Mahallawy, K. Abdel Ghany, M. Schleser , H. Palkowski, A. Klingner , “Characterization of 3D printed stainless steel SS316L powders joined by TIG-, Plasma – and Laser welding”, paper ASAT-17-027-ET, 17th International Conference on AEROSPACE SCIENCES & AVIATION TECHNOLOGY, April 11 - 13, 2017 and in Journal of Engineering Science and Military Technologies vol 1 issue 2 October 2017 p 91-95.
Advanced manufacturing processing
- Surface Engineering and treatment using different techniques for coating steel and magnesium alloys for improved corrosion and wear resistance