Waste Thermal Treatments
The constantly increasing solid waste amounts pose dramatic threats to the environment which can be reduced by thermochemically converted into clean syngas (CO and H2) fuel via gasification/pyrolysis processes. Gasification and pyrolysis are being investigated for various waste streams including municipal and industrial solid wastes.
Related Journal Publication List
- Janajreh, I., Adeyemi, I., Elagroudy, S., 2020. Gasification feasibility of polyethylene, polypropylene, polystyrene waste and their mixture: Experimental studies and modeling. Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments 39. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seta.2020.100684.
- Janajreh, I., Elagroudy, S., Ghenai, C., Raza, S.S., Adeyemi, I., Moustakas, K., 2021. Gasification of spent pot-lining from the aluminum industry. SN Applied Sciences 3. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42452-021-04384-z.
- Janajreh, I., Raza, S.S., Elagroudy, S., 2015. Co-Firing of Enteromorpha Prolifera Algae and RTC Coal in a Down Draft Gasifier: Material Characterization and Flow Simulation. The Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management 41. https://doi.org/10.5276/JSWTM.2015.68.
- Mazzoni, L., Janajreh, I., Elagroudy, S., 2018. Gasification Comparison between Plasma and Entrained Flow: Analysis of the Power Plant, in: 2018 6th International Renewable and Sustainable Energy Conference (IRSEC). IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/IRSEC.2018.8702938.
- Mazzoni, L., Janajreh, I., Elagroudy, S., Ghenai, C., 2020. Modeling of plasma and entrained flow co-gasification of MSW and petroleum sludge. Energy 196. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2020.117001.
- Raza, S.S., Elagroudy, S., Janajreh, I., 2020. Gasification of Municipal Solid Waste: Thermodynamic Equilibrium Analysis Using Gibbs Energy Minimization Method and CFD Simulation of a Downdraft Gasifier. The Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management 46. https://doi.org/10.5276/JSWTM/2020.274.