USAID Funded Center of Excellence for Energy Scholarship: Undergraduate Application for the Energy and Renewable Energy Program.
- Be of Egyptian Nationality
- Be eligible for registration at the Energy and Renewable Energy Program in Ain Shams University.
- Achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the Faculty of Engineering Freshman Academic Year 2018/2019. Priority will be given to applicants with higher academic achievement.
- Have a valid TOEFL/ITP, TOEFL/IBT, or IELTS score; minimum of:
- 500 in ITP, or
- 60 in IBT, or
- 5 in IELTS
- Submit the complete package including the motivation letter by 11:59 pm, September 30, 2019 through the following link (Apply Now). No applications will be accepted beyond this date.; incomplete applications will not be accepted, and no application will be accepted after the deadline.
The USAID-funded Center of Excellence for Energy implemented by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) promotes and supports equal opportunities among its beneficiaries. The project strongly encourages the participation of women, persons with disabilities, and applicants with socio-economic disadvantages who meet the academic/professional eligibility criteria and stand out in the selection process for participation.
NOTE: Applicants who wish to apply under the socio-economic disadvantage category, please ensure you obtain the documentation required from the University financial assistance office to provide among the documents required with your application. If you have not already registered with the office of financial assistance at the university, please do so in order to obtain the required documentation.
- A copy of the National ID
- A copy of the transcript of the freshman 2018/2019 academic year
- A copy of the Thanaweya Amma Transcript/Certificate
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A copy of the TOEFL/ITP, TOEFL/IBT, or IELTS score certificate (minimum of 500 in ITP, 60 in IBT, or 5 in IELTS)
- Extracurricular activities certificate(s) for the 2018/2019 freshman year
- A Recommendation Letter
- A Motivation Letter (Motivation Letter: Instructions and Sample)
- Financial Aid supporting documents provided by the applicant’s university (if applicable).
- Disability supporting documents (medical supporting documents, if applicable)
The applicant will be evaluated based on their academic performance, language proficiency and the score they obtained on their motivation letter and presentation provided by an evaluation panel. Technical specifications for the motivation letter with sample are attached.
On behalf of the USAID and the Center of Excellence for Energy and Ain Shams, Aswan, and Mansoura Universities, we wish all applicants the best of luck.
For more information please contact us at (email@example.com)