Department of Physics and Mathematics Engineering is dedicated to educating the highest quality engineering professionals and leaders. Our students will be prepared to creatively solve engineering problems through the use of analysis, computation, and experimentation.
Our students should be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering concepts to the solution of engineering problems.
- Design and conduct experiments as well as analyze and interpret data.
- Identify, formulate and solve fundamental engineering problems.
- Use the techniques, skills, and appropriate engineering tools, necessary for engineering practice.
- Engage in self- and life- long learning.
The student who has the post graduate degrees holders from our department has job opportunities in research centers, and in Physics and Mathematics Engineering departments in any national or international university.
Area of Study
The PHM department teaches post- and undergraduate courses in three main areas:
- Engineering Physics.
- Engineering Mathematics.
- Engineering Mechanics.
- Engineering Chemistry.
Facilities and Labs
- Undergraduate Physics Labs.
- Undergraduate Chemistry Lab.
- Engineering Mechanics Lab.
- Physics Research Lab.
- Applied Organics Chemistry Research Lab.
- Applied Analytical Chemistry Research Lab.
- Seminar room.
- A Library of Textbooks, Journals, M.Sc. and Ph.D. Theses.
- Qualifying year in Engineering Physics, Mathematics, and Mechanics.
- Master of Science in Engineering Physics, Mathematics, and Mechanics.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering Physics, Mathematics, and Mechanics.
Head of Department
- Prof. Dr. NevineBadra (2012- Present)
- Prof. Dr. Salah Eldin Hassan Gamal (2012)
- Prof. Dr. Niveen M. Khalil Badra (2011-2012)
- Prof. Dr. Wael Fikry (2009-2011)
- Prof. Dr. Salwa Ishak Guirgues (2006-2009)
- Prof. Dr. Mohamed Ibrahim Abdallah (2002-2006)
- Prof. Dr. Mohamed Ibrahim Hassan (1996-2002)
- Prof. Dr. Salah Shaheen (1992-1996)
- Prof. Dr. Wagih Naoum Hanna (1989-1992)
- Prof. Dr. AlfonsRiadYakoub (1986-1989)
- Prof. Dr. Edward Michael Ibrahim (1983-1986)
- Prof. Dr. Saad Kamel Ahmed Massoud (1981-1983)
- Prof. Dr. Edward Michael Ibrahim (1978-1981)
- Prof. Dr. AlmEldin Said Farghaly (1971-1972)
- Prof. Dr. Saad Kamel Ahmed Massoud (1972-1978)
- Prof. Dr. Fares Ibrahim Minao (1964-1971)
- Prof. Dr. Shafik Halim Doos (1957-1964)