Our vision is to build a vibrant learning environment founded on value-based academic principles, wherein all involved shall contribute effectively and efficiently.
Our mission is to serve and develop the surrounding community through teaching the theories of Structural Engineering along with their practical applications. We also educate students' fundamental concepts, critical thinking, technical skills and ethical principles as applied to engineering analysis and design. The target is to provide quality education to our graduates, to cope up with international standards, and to regularly update. The department laboratories provide consultancy services to government and industrial sectors for maintaining high standards in the Structural Engineering field. Additionally, we excel in scientific research with appropriate national and international linkages. Structural Engineer will typically be in the employment of a consulting engineering practice in an office environment preparing the plans and specifications for structures as buildings, towers, stadia and bridges. On the other hand, in the construction field, the Structural Engineer will typically work for a civil engineering contractor supervising the erection of the structure concerned.
Based on the career prospects, the courses have been designed to lay emphasis on various specializations of Structural Engineering. The courses and curriculum are modified regularly to meet the standards of reputed foreign Universities and to cope up with recent developments. The courses are planned with our experienced faculty members including the following:
- Structural and Stress Analysis.
- Theory of Structures.
- Reinforced Concrete Design.
- Structural Steel Design.
- Earthquake Engineering.
- Geotechnical Engineering.
- Properties and Testing of materials.
- Construction Management.
The graduate has various job opportunities either in design or in construction field. In the design environment, a Structural Engineer will typically be in the employment of a consulting engineering practice in an office environment preparing the plans and specifications for structures as buildings, towers, stadia and bridges. On the other hand, in the construction field, the Structural Engineer will typically work for a civil engineering contractor supervising the erection of the structure concerned.
Laboratories and Technical Facilities
The Department of Structural Engineering has well equipped laboratories in the specialized areas with all modern equipment to cater the needs of undergraduate and postgraduate students. The available laboratories in the department:
- Material Testing Laboratory.
- Structural Analysis Laboratory.
- Reinforced Concrete Testing Laboratory.
- Steel Testing Laboratory.
- Geotechnical Laboratory
Faculty Staff Members
The department has highly learned faculty members in various areas of specializations. Webelieves in imparting quality education to the students and invites eminent personalities & academicians from prestigious Institutions and industries to deliver lectures. The department includes based on the census 2014:
- 85 professors.
- 35 assistant professors.
- 30 teaching associates.
- 30 teaching assistants.
- 40 postgraduate students.
- 600 undergraduate students.
The Scientific Research and Conferences
The Department pursues a scientific research agenda and collaborates with government agencies, private industry and foundations to identify and address research needs. The faculty members and technical staff regularly attend various conferences and workshops for updating their knowledge. The department is also actively engaged in organizing International and national conferences on recent trends and developments in civil engineering. The following Conferences have been organized in the department:
- International conference on Structural & Geotechnical Engineering (ICSGE)
- Middle East Symposium on Structural Composites (MESC).
Head of Departments
- Prof. Dr. Abdel Aziz El Aroosi (1951 - 1968)
- Prof. Dr. Mohamed Abbas (1968 - 1972)
- Prof. Dr. Ahmed Shaker (1972 - 1972)
- Prof. Dr. Abdel Karim Atta (1972 - 1974)
- Prof. Dr. Ali Shaban (1974 - 1977)
- Prof. Dr. Abdel Karim Atta (1977 - 1979)
- Prof. Dr. Ali Shaban (1979 - 1984)
- Prof. Dr. Abdel Hadi Hosni (1984 - 1989)
- Prof. Dr. Kamal Naseef (1989 - 1991)
- Prof. Dr. Safaan Abdel Gawad (1991 - 1992)
- Prof. Dr. Kamal Hassan (1992 - 1994)
- Prof. Dr. Nabil Elatrozi (1994 - 1996)
- Prof. Dr. Hamdi Mohsen (1996 - 1999)
- Prof. Dr. Abdel Wahab Abu Elaeneen (1999 - 2001)
- Prof. Dr. Ahmed Korashi (2001 - 2002)
- Prof. Dr. Samir Okba (2002 - 2004)
- Prof. Dr. Mostafa Zidan (2004 - 2005)
- Prof. Dr. Hassan Hegab (2005 - 2007)
- Prof. Dr. Fathallah Elnahas (2007 - 2009)
- Prof. Dr. Abel Raheem Desooki (2009 - 2011)
- Prof. Dr. Mohamed Elaghoori (2011 - 2012)
- Prof. Dr. Imam Soliman (2012 - 2014)
- Prof. Dr. Amr Abdelrahman (2014 - present)
إعلان جدول امتحان تخلفات الفصل الدراسى الأول للعام الجامعى 2019-2020 على الموقع الرسمى للكلية
على الطلاب الراغبين فى حضور امتحان Placement Test التوجة لادارة الامتحانات بالكلية بمبنى المكتبه