–CALL FOR APPLICATIONS–
Center of Excellence for Energy Scholarship
Cohort 2: Admission September 2020
The Center of Excellence for Energy is established by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology with the support of the American people though the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
The Center of Excellence for Energy (COE-Energy) implemented by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and supported by USAID, in cooperation with Ain Shams, Aswan, and Mansoura Universities is pleased to announce the second and final cohort of the COE-Energy Academic Scholarship in Energy and Renewable Energy. The objective of the COE-Energy scholarship is to increase the availability of qualified graduates in the field of Energy and Renewable Energy, while supporting equal opportunities among scholarship beneficiaries. The COE-Energy scholarship supported by USAID provides funding for students attending the Energy and Renewable Energy Engineering Program at Ain Shams University. Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria in order to qualify.
The COE-Energy Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Egyptian Nationality
- Undergraduate students must be eligible for registration in the Energy and Renewable Energy Engineering Program at Ain Shams University. Eligible applicants from public Egyptian Faculties of Engineering are welcome to apply. Priority given to applicants from the Center of Excellence for Energy (COE-Energy) partner universities (Aswan and Mansoura).
- Applicants must be graduates of Egyptian public or experimental schools.
- Applicants must score a minimum GPA of 2.5 or equivalent in the Faculty of Engineering Freshman Academic Year 2019/2020 in the first semester. Priority will be given to applicants with higher GPAs.
- Applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm, August 31, 2020 through the following links: http://bit.ly/ScholarshipAnnouncement. No applications will be accepted beyond this date.
- Submission of the complete package is necessary, including the motivation letter, the financial form with the supporting documents and the online application; otherwise, the student’s application will be considered incomplete and disqualified.
The Complete Package Must Include:
1. Student’s Egyptian National ID
2. Thanaweya Amma Certificate/Transcript
3. Freshman year transcript (first Semester with GPA of 2.5)
4. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
5. Recommendation letter from a faculty member/school teacher supporting this application, indicating why the student is good candidate for the scholarship
6. Motivation letter
7. Extracurricular activities certificate
8. Financial Form with the supporting documents
9. Disability supporting documents (if any)
The USAID-funded Center of Excellence for Energy implemented by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) promotes and supports equal opportunities among its beneficiaries. The Center of Excellence for Energy Project is offering this scholarship opportunity for applicants with a socioeconomic disadvantage, and strongly encourages the application of women, and persons with disabilities who meet the eligibility criteria and stand out in the selection process for participation.
The applicant should fill the financial form, which is available online, and should address it to the Center of Excellence for Energy scholarship committee. In the form, the applicant should provide all required financial information and signed by the parent or legal guardian. The financial form and the rest of the required documents should be combined as one file and uploaded with the application.
NOTE: Applicants should ensure answering all questions and obtain the documentation noted below to provide among the documents required with your application.
The required documents are:
- The financial form
- HR letter from the employer of father/mother with net annual income for the prior year after deducting taxes and social insurance if father/mother is employed Or up-to-date statement from the social insurance office to prove unemployment status (like uninsured) if parent is unemployed.
- Up-to-date electricity, gas and telephone bills
- A copy of the updated contract of your residence (rented or owned).
Or alternatively, applicants can register with the office of financial assistance to obtain (بحث اجتماعى) document from the university instead of the financial supporting documentation required for the scholarship.
Note: Applications that have missing information or missing documents will be considered incomplete and will not be evaluated.
Please refer to the application link for complete information on the scholarship selection process and methodology.
On behalf of the USAID, the Center of Excellence for Energy and Ain Shams, Aswan, and Mansoura Universities, we wish all applicants the best of luck.
• Center of Excellence for Energy Scholarship-FAQs http://bit.ly/Scholarship-FAQ
• COE-Energy Scholarship Phases of Selection http://bit.ly/Scholarship-selection-methodology
• Financial form-Instruction and Form http://bit.ly/Financial-form
• Motivation letter Guidelines and Sample http://bit.ly/Motivation-letter-guidelines
• Phase I-Rubric http://bit.ly/Phase1-Rubric
• Phase II-Technical Screening Rubric http://bit.ly/Phase2-Rubric
• Phase III-Presentation Screening Rubric http://bit.ly/Phase3-Rubric
• الإعلان عن بدءقبول الدفعة الثانية للمنحة الدراسية -سبتمبر 2020 http://bit.ly/scholarship-announce-AR
• أسئلة شائعة http://bit.ly/Scholarship-FAQ-AR
• نموذج الحالة الاجتماعية والاقتصادية http://bit.ly/Financial-form-AR