Almoataz Youssef Abdelaziz Mohamed
Professor at Electrical Power and Machines Engineering
Almoataz Y. Abdelaziz received the B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in electrical engineering from Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt, in 1985 and 1990, respectively, and the Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering according to the channel system between Ain Shams University, Egypt, and Brunel University, U.K., in 1996.
He is a professor of electrical power engineering at Ain Shams University since 2007. He has authored or coauthored more than 525 refereed journal and conference papers, 45 book chapters and 6 edited books with Elsevier, Springer and CRC Press in his research areas which include the applications of artificial intelligence, evolutionary and heuristic optimization techniques to power systems power system operation, planning, and control.
Dr. Abdelaziz is the chair of IEEE Education Society chapter in Egypt, editor of Electric Power Components & Systems Journal, Editorial Board member, Editor, Associate Editor, and Editorial Advisory Board member for many international journals.
He is also a senior member in IEEE, a member in IET and the Egyptian Sub-Committees of IEC and CIGRE’. He has been awarded many prizes for distinct researches and for international publishing from Ain Shams University and Future University in Egypt.
• Egyptian Government Undergraduate Scholarship, October 1980 – June 1985.
• 1985 Distinction Award from Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University.
• University of Ain-Shams Graduate Scholarship, 1986 – 1990.
• 1994 - 1996 Channel Grant in Brunel University, England from the Egyptian Government.
• Winner of Ain Shams University Prize for Distinct Researches in 2002.
• Prize of Ain Shams University for international publishing in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021.
• Acknowledgement letter for the top ten cited papers in Electric Power Components and Systems Journal for the 2008-2010 time period.
• Prize of best researcher in Electrical Power and Machines Department, Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University for the period 2009-2012.
• Listed in Who's Who in the World® 2016 (33rd Edition).
• Best Paper Award in 19th International Conference on Lightning Protection (ICLP), Paris, 2017.
• Prize of best researcher in Future University in Egypt, 2019.
• Best Paper Award in 11th International Renewable Energy Congress (IREC), Tunisia, 2020.
• Recognized among the top 2% Scientists Worldwide according to Stanford University Study, 2020.
• Recognized among the top 2% Scientists Worldwide according to Stanford University Study, 2021.
13 Books (Author).
6 Books (Editor)
45 Book chapter.
340 Journal paper
185 Conference paper