إعلان جدول امتحان تخلفات الفصل الدراسى الأول للعام الجامعى 2019-2020 على الموقع الرسمى للكلية
Center of Excellence for Energy Scholarship
The Center of Excellence for Energy is established by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) with the support of the American people though the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What are the eligibility criteria?
- Egyptian Nationality
- Undergraduate students must be eligible for registration in the Energy and Renewable Energy Engineering Program at Ain Shams University. Eligible applicants from public Egyptian Faculties of Engineering are welcome to apply. Priority given to applicants from Center of Excellence in Energy (COE-Energy) partner universities (Aswan and Mansoura Universities).
- Applicants must be graduates of Egyptian public or experimental schools.
- Applicants must score a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the Faculty of Engineering Freshman Academic Year 2019/2020. Priority will be given to applicants with higher GPAs.
- Applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm, July 31, 2020 through the following link: http://bit.ly/ScholarshipAnnouncement. No applications will be accepted beyond this date.
- Submission of the complete package is necessary, including the motivation letter with the online application; otherwise, the student’s application will be considered incomplete and disqualified.
- How I can apply?
- You can apply through the following link: http://bit.ly/ScholarshipAnnouncement
- Press on “Next”
- Fill all required fields and upload all documents
- Press “Submit”
- What is the minimum GPA for applying to Center of Excellence for Energy Scholarship?
The minimum GPA is 3.0 or equivalent.
- What if the awarded student couldn’t maintain GPA 3.0 during the four years at Energy Program?
Upon acceptance to the scholarship, students are required to maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5. In some rare cases, if the awarded student couldn’t maintain his/her GPA during study at 2.5 for medical or personal family reasons, he/she will be put under probation and the situation will be assessed on a case by case basis. The student will be monitored academically and supported by Ain Shams academic advisors to enhance his/her performance for the following semester.
- Who should apply for Center of Excellence for Energy Scholarship?
All freshmen undergraduate engineering students who are eligible for registration in the Energy and Renewable Energy Engineering Program at Ain Shams University. Eligible applicants from public Egyptian Faculties of Engineering are welcome to apply. Priority given to applicants from Center of Excellence in Energy (COE-Energy) partner universities (Aswan and Mansoura Universities).
- What if a student would like to apply for the Center of Excellence for Energy Scholarship, but not in the freshmen year?
All students are welcome to apply as long as they meet the eligibility criteria. For example, if you are a junior student and meet the eligibility criteria, but you will only be allowed to transfer a maximum of 68 credit hours or its equivalent. For more information about the transfers, please check this link: https://eng.asu.edu.eg/front/bylaws/show/student-transfers
- For students applying from public universities other than Ain Sham University, how can the applicant register at Ain Shams University?
The student can apply for the Center of Excellence for Energy Scholarship if he/she meets the eligibility criteria. Once he/she is notified that he/she is accepted at the Center of Excellence for Energy Scholarship, the student can start the transfer process at Ain Shams University.
- What Secondary schools should the applicant be a graduate of?
All applicants must be graduates of Egyptian public or experimental schools.
- How can I get the recommendation letter?
The applicant should ask one of his/her professors or a schoolteacher to write a recommendation letter. It should explain how the recommender knows the applicant and describes some of the qualities that make him/her a good candidate for the scholarship. The recommender should use specific examples about such qualities.
- What does the scholarship cover?
In addition to payment of full tuition (including books), the Center of Excellence for Energy Scholarship also provides awarded students with the following additional benefits.
- A new Laptop for use during the duration of the degree program.
- Health Insurance during the 4-year degree program from ASU.
- A stipend for students transferring to ASU from distant governorates
- Housing is offered for students coming from distant governorates
- What are the extracurricular activities?
The extracurricular activities include sport, charity work or other activities during the university freshman 2019/2020 academic year or previously at school.
- What is the deadline?
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm, July 31, 2020
- Who are encouraged to apply?
The USAID-funded Center of Excellence for Energy implemented by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) promotes and supports equal opportunities among its beneficiaries. The Center of Excellence for Energy Project is offering this scholarship opportunity for applicants with a socioeconomic disadvantage, and strongly encourages the application of women, and persons with disabilities who meet the eligibility criteria and stand out in the selection process for participation.
- What are the documents for Socio-economic disadvantages?
The applicant should fill the financial form, which is available online, and should address it to the Center of Excellence for Energy scholarship committee. In the form, the applicant should provide all required financial information and signed by the parent or legal guardian. The financial form and the rest of the required documents should be combined as one file and uploaded with the application.
NOTE: Applicants should ensure answering all questions and obtain the documentation noted below to provide among the documents required with your application.
The required documents are:
- The financial form
- HR letter from the employer of father/mother with net annual income for the prior year after deducting taxes and social insurance if father/mother is employed Or up-to-date statement from the social insurance office to prove unemployment status (like uninsured) if parent is unemployed.
- Up-to-date electricity, gas and telephone bills
- A copy of the updated contract of your residence (rented or owned).
Or alternatively, applicants can register with the office of financial assistance to obtain (بحث اجتماعى) document from the university instead of the financial supporting documentation required for the scholarship.
Note: Applications that have missing information or missing documents will be considered incomplete and will not be evaluated.
- What is the motivation letter?
The motivation letter should be addressed to the scholarship committee introducing yourself, expressing your perception about the energy field and why do you see yourself deserving to be one of the candidates to receive this scholarship.
- How can I prepare for the presentation?
Once you are selected as a semi-finalist, a template of the presentation will be sent to you to prepare for the presentation. The presentation will be divided into sections so that you can present it clearly to the panel of judges.
- When should I expect a decision?
Only the semi-finalists will be contacted for Phase III to present the concept outlined in their motivation letter.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
على الطلاب الراغبين فى حضور امتحان Placement Test التوجة لادارة الامتحانات بالكلية بمبنى المكتبه
لطلاب الشهادات المعادلة ( I.G.S.C) والشهادات الأمريكية والألمانية إحضار الحصول على شهادة إتمام اللغة العربية والتربية الدينية
الطلاب الذين يعانون من صعوبات تعوق أدائهم خلال الامتحان وخاصة ضعاف النظر التسجيل على الرابط التالي