Center of Excellence for Energy Scholarship
Funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
The Center of Excellence for Energy was established by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology with the support of the American people though the U.S. Agency for International Development
Frequently Asked Question
What are the eligibility criteria?
- Egyptian Nationality
- Undergraduate students must be eligible for registration in the Energy and Renewable Energy Engineering Program at Ain Shams University. Eligible applicants from public Egyptian Faculties of Engineering are welcome to apply. Priority given to applicants from Center of Excellence in Energy (COE-Energy) partner universities (Aswan and Mansoura Universities).
- Applicants must be graduates of Egyptian public or experimental schools.
- Applicants must score a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the Faculty of Engineering Freshman Academic Year 2018/2019. Priority will be given to applicants with higher GPAs.
- Undergraduate students must have a valid TOEFL/ITP, TOEFL/IBT, or IELTS score with a minimum of:
- 500 in ITP, or
- 60 in IBT, or
- 5 in IELTS
- Applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm, September 30, 2019 through the following link (Apply Now). No applications will be accepted beyond this date.; incomplete applications will not be accepted, and no application will be accepted after the deadline.
- Submission of the complete package is necessary, including the motivation letter with the online application; otherwise, the student’s application will be considered incomplete and disqualified.
How can I get ITP exam score?
All application can sit for ITP exam at Ain Shams University, Faculty of Arts, English section, which conducts ITP exam twice a week and the results are released in two days for the applicant to upload with the application.
How can I apply?
- You can apply through this link: (Apply Now)
- Press on “Apply Now”
- Fill all required fields and submit all documents
- Press “Submit”
What is the cut-off score for TOEFL/IELTS?
- 500 in ITP, or
- 60 in IBT, or
- 5 in IELTS
Can I still apply to the scholarship if my TOEFL score is less than 500?
Yes, please go ahead and apply. If you qualify as an applicant based on all other criteria, your admission to the scholarship will be considered but you will be required to take a mandatory English Language course.
What is the minimum GPA for applying to Center of Excellence for Energy Scholarship?
The minimum GPA is 3.0 or equivalent.
What if the awarded student couldn’t maintain GPA 3.0 during the four years at Energy Program?
In some rare cases, if the awarded student couldn’t maintain his//her GPA of 3.0 for medical or personal family reasons, he/she will be put under probation for one semester and will be monitored academically and supported by Ain Shams academic advisors to enhance his/her performance for the following semester.
Who should apply for Center of Excellence for Energy Scholarship?
All freshmen Undergraduate Engineering students who are eligible for registration in the Energy and Renewable Energy Engineering Program at Ain Shams University. Eligible applicants from public Egyptian Faculties of Engineering are welcome to apply. Priority given to applicants from Center of Excellence in Energy (COE-Energy) partner universities (Aswan and Mansoura Universities).
What if a student would like to apply for Center of Excellence for Energy Scholarship, but not in the freshmen year?
All students are welcome to apply as long as they are meeting the eligibility criteria. For example, if you are a junior student and meet all the eligibility criteria, but they will only be allowed to transfer a maximum of 68 credit hours or its equivalent. For more information about the transfers, please check this link: https://eng.asu.edu.eg/front/bylaws/show/student-transfers
For students applying from public universities other than Ain Sham University, how can the applicant register for Ain Shams University?
The student can apply for the Center of Excellence for Energy Scholarship if he/she meets the eligibility criteria. Once he/she is notified that he/she is accepted at the Center of Excellence for Energy Scholarship, the student can start the transfer process at Ain Shams University.
What Secondary schools should the applicant be a graduate of?
All applicants must be graduates of Egyptian public or experimental schools.
How can I get the recommendation letter?
The applicant should ask one of his/her professors to write a recommendation letter. It should explain how the recommender knows the applicant and describes some of the qualities that make him/her a good candidate for the scholarship. The recommender should use specific examples about such qualities.
What does the scholarship cover?
In addition to payment of full tuition, the Center of Excellence for Energy Scholarship also provides selected students with the following additional benefits.
- A new Laptop for use during the duration of the degree program.
- Health Insurance during the 4-year degree program.
- A stipend for students transferring to ASU from distant governorates
- The scholarship also covers the cost of books and minor supplies.
What are the extracurricular activities?
The extracurricular activities include sport, charity work or other activities during the university freshman 2018/2019 academic year.
What is the deadline?
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm, September 30, 2019.
Who is encouraged to apply?
The USAID-funded Center of Excellence for Energy implemented by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) promotes and supports equal opportunities among its beneficiaries. The project strongly encourages the participation of women, persons with disabilities, and applicants with socio-economic disadvantages who meet the academic/professional eligibility criteria and stand out in the selection process for participation.
What are the documents for Socio-economic disadvantages?
If you have not already registered with the office of financial assistance at the university, please do so in order to obtain the required documentation.
What is the motivation letter?
The motivation letter should be addressed to the scholarship committee introducing yourself, expressing your perception about the energy field and why do you see yourself deserving to be one of the candidates to receive this scholarship.
If the applicant is coming from other Egyptian public university, what should he/she do?
The applicant transferring from an Egyptian public university should register at Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University to transfer his/her credits to Energy and Renewable Energy Engineering Program and then apply to the Center of excellence for Energy scholarship.
How can I prepare for the presentation?
Once you are selected as a semi-finalist, a template of the presentation will be sent to you to start preparing for the presentation. The presentation will be divided into sections so that you can present it clearly to the Judge panel.
When do I expect a decision?
The semi-finalists will only be contacted for Phase III for presenting their motivation letter.
For more information please contact us at (firstname.lastname@example.org)
شكر وتقدير للساده اعضاء هيئه التدريس والعاملين والطلاب مناسبه انتهاء امتحانات الفصل الداسي الاول وعلي راسهم المغفور له الاستاذ الدكتور محمود عبد الحميد وفريق العمل الذي تحمل المسئوليه