Institutional Review Board - IRB
IRB Vision and Mission
At the Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University, the Institutional Review Board (IRB) is following the relevant statement of the Declaration of Helsinki. Our IRB is responsible for evaluating and assessing the risks and benefits of the proposed research independently. The board is also responsible for ensuring that risks to human subjects are minimised and justified by the research/ project's benefits.
An established competent and accredited Institutional Review Board that will serve the campus community as a resource for the ethical conduct of research and will promote the following values
- Ethical conduct of research.
- Supporting protection of vulnerable populations.
- Minimizing risk for research participants.
- Supporting diversity of opinions and perspectives in the review process.
- Serving as a facilitator and resource to researchers.
- Valuing different types of research, including experiential and action-based research.
- Supporting research that promotes civic engagement and local, regional and global communities.
The Faculty of Engineering at Ain Shams believes in the value of research involving human participants and accepts an ethical responsibility for safeguarding their rights and welfare with the consideration of ethnic and cultural issues. The Faculty of Engineering offers a timely review process for applications, taking into considerations the following:
- Review all types of researches involving human as subjects with compliance to the core of ethics.
- Ensure the protection of human subjects’ rights and welfare who participate in research conducted by faculty, staff, and students of Ain Shams University.
- Evaluate the risks and benefits of proposed research, and ensure that risks to human subjects are kept to an absolute minimum level and are justified by potential benefits of the research.
- Ensure the confidentiality of information obtained from research subjects to the extent allowed by law.
- Provide necessary professional guidance and support to the research community.
- Facilitate high quality research at Ain Shams University.
- Comply with the Egyptian authority laws.