Advanced materials: Composites and alloy development
Light weight alloys such as magnesium are attractive metallic materials in biomedical applications due to their properties: density close to that of human bones- are nontoxic- have good strength and ductility- biocompatible- are biodegradable. Their properties can be modified by adding alloying elements and by processing.
Related Journal Publication List
- M.A.Taha, N. El Mahallawy, R. Hammouda, T. Moussa, M. Gheith “Machinability characteristics of lead free-silicon brass alloys as correlated with microstructure and mechanical properties” Ain Shams Engineering Journal, Elesevier, 2012, 3, 383-392
- M. A. Taha, N. A. E-Mahallawy, T.M. Mousa, R. M. Hamouda, A. F. A. G. Yousef, ”Microstructure and castability of lead-free silicon brass alloys" in J. Mat.-wiss. u.Werkstofftech (Material Science and Technology), August 2012, 43, No. 8, 699-704
- Nahed El Mahallawy, Adel Fathy and Mohammed Hassan “Evaluation of mechanical properties and microstructure of Al/Al–12%Si multilayer via warm accumulative roll bonding process “ JOURNAL OF COMPOSITE MATERIALS DOI: 10.1177/0021998317692141, 2017 published on line Feb 2017 0(0) 1-11 2017 IF= 1.3 EF=0.01.
- A. Abdel Ghaffar, N. El Mahallawy and S. Zollfakar: “ Process parameters optimization of friction stir processes Al 1050 aluminium alloy by response surface methodology (RSM)” Materials Research express 6 (2019) 1-13 IF 1.16
- M. Taha, N. El Mahallawy and A. Moneeb El Sabbagh “ Behaviour of Stir-Cast Aluminium Alloy Particulate – Reinforced Metal Matrix Composites under Successive Hot Rolling” , Advanced Engineering Materials, vol. 5, No 11, Nov. 2003, p. 805-812.
- M. Taha, N. El Mahallawy and A. Moneeb El Sabbagh “ The Role of Fluid Flow in Modeling Solidification Simulation of Aluminium Plates”, Scientific Bulletin, Part III: Mechanical Engineering and Physics and Mathematics, Ain Shams University, vol. 38, No. 4 Dec. 2003, p. 849-865.
- V. Neubert, J. Reuter, N. El Mahallawy, H. Hoffmeister and R. Hoffmann “ Effect of Welding on the Microstructure of Supermartensitic 13%Cr Steels“, ISOPE- 2004 , Toulon, May 23-28- 2004.
- V. Neubert, J. Reuter, N. El Mahallawy, H. Hoffmeister and R. Hoffmann “ Effect of Welding Technique on Weld Morphology and Hardness of Supermartensitic 13%Cr Steels“, Materials Science and Technology, vol. 20, Dec. 2004, p. 1551- 1562.
- M. Salah, N. El Mahallawy and M. A. Taha “ Machning of Aluminium Reinforced with High Volume Fraction of Ceramic Particles using Different Techniques”, ICEE 11, 2004.
- M. Taha, N. El Mahallawy, A. M. El sabbagh, M. Abdel Hameed, M. F. Salah and H. Palkowski “ Workability ( Up Set Test) of Alumin Seventh Int Conf. On Production Engineering & Design for Development, PEDD7, Cairo, February 2006, p. 725- 734.ium Matrix- SiC and Al2O3 Particulate Reinforced Composites Prepared by Casting and Powder Metallurgy”, ICEE 2005, Teneriffe
- F. Shehata, N.El Mahallawy, M.Abdel Hameed and M.Abd El Aal “ Effect of Kerosene and paraffin oil as dielectrics on the electric discharge machining characteristics of Al/SiC metal matrix composte” Seventh Int Conf. On Production Engineering & Design for Development, PEDD7, Cairo, February 2006, p. 10-19.
- M.Abdel Ghaffar , A.A. Mazen, N.El Mahallawy “ Application of the rule of mixtures and Halpin-Tsai equations to woven fabric reinforced epoxy composites” Seventh Int Conf. On Production Engineering & Design for Development, PEDD7, Cairo, February 2006, p.704- 713.
- M.Abdel Ghaffar, A.A. Mazen, N.El Mahallawy “ Bending and compressive deformation behaviour of woven fabric reinforced epoxy composites” Seventh Int Conf. On Production Engineering & Design for Development, PEDD7, Cairo, February 2006, p. 735-749.
- N. El Mahallawy, B. Stoll and A. Zayed, “ Electrical behaviour of epoxy reinforced with copper and iron metallic powders” Steel Grips 2007, No 6 p.474-476.
- M. Taha, N. El Mahallawy and A. M. El Sabbagh “ Some experimental data on workability of aluminium- particulate- reinforced metal matrix composites “ J. of Materials Processing Technology , 2007, available on line 19 August 2007, printed version: (2008)202, p. 380- 385.
- F. El Sabbagh, A. El Sabbagh, M. A Taha , N. El Mahallawy and V. Neubert “ On secondary phase precipitates and their effect on mechanical properties in a 30% Cr super duplex stainless steel welding alloy” Steel Grips , 5, ( 2007) No 6, p. 446- 451.
- M. A. Taha, N. El Mahallawy and A. M. El Sabbagh “ Coupled heat and fluid flow model and experimental verification of aluminium plate die casting” , Materials Science and Technology , line, 2008 , vol 25, no 5, 2009, p.670-679
- N. Khaled R. Mohamed, Hanan H. Beherei, Gehan T. El Bassyouni, Nahed El Mahallawy “Fabrication and mechanical evaluation of hydroxyapatite/oxide nano-composite materials” Materials Science and Engineering C 33 (2013) 4126-4132 - IF 2.596 Eigen Factor 0.01
- N. El Mahallawy, S. Zollfakar, A. Abdel Ghaffar, “ Microstructure investigation, mechanical properties and wear behaviour of Al 1050/SiC composites fabricated by friction stir processing (FSP) , Materials Research express 6 (2019) 096522 p.1-15 , http://doi.org/ 10.1088/2053-1591/ab2ce2 IF 1.440 EF 0.00791
- Pola George, N.El Mahallawy, M Abdel Hamid “ Effect of pre-processing annealing and ram speed on mechanical properties for low carbon steel processed by constrained groove pressing (CGP)" Material Science and Engineering Technology 2019, 50, 1560-1572 IF 0.625
- Nahed El-Mahallawy, Ahmad Majed and Ahmad Abdel Ghaffar Abdel Maboud “ Effect of FSP process parameters with air blowing on microstructure and hardness of NiAl Bronze alloy" 27 January 2020 Mater. Res. Express 7(2020) on line version 016690 p 1-18 https://doi.org/10.1088/2053-1591/ab691a, IF 1.449 EF 0.002.
Advanced materials: Composites and alloy development
- Surface Engineering and treatment using different techniques for coating steel and magnesium alloys for improved corrosion and wear resistance