Renewable Solar Energy
Renewable Energy: Application of Selective coating for solar absorber surfaces- Design and testing of compact solar water heaters with thermal storage. In this group of work, selective absorber materials were developed for coating different substrates in order to improve the efficiency of using solar radiation which is abundant in Egypt and in several countries in the MENA region. The purpose was to introduce a local technology for production of such surfaces which are usually imported. On the other hand, different substrates were used and coated to obtain specific optical properties, mainly absorptivity and emissivity in order to be suitable for solar absorber materials.
Another group of work was towards design, implementation and testing solar thermal systems for water heaters and for concentrated solar power where heat storage and phase change materials are used to improve efficiency of the systems.
Related Journal Publication List
- N. El Mahallawy, M. Shoeib, Y. Ali “Application of CuCoMnOx coat by sol gel technique on Aluminium and Copper substrates for solar absorber application” J. Coatings Technology and Research , 11, 6 (2014), 979-991. IF 1.34 Eigen Factor 0.00144.
- N El Mahallawy, M. Shoeib and S. El Etriby “ effect of sol gel process parameters on optical properties of CuCoMnOx selective coat for solar energy applications” Workshop on Solar Energy Materials and applications, Faculty of Engineering , Ain Shams University 5 May 2016 and published in J.American Science,12(4) 2016, p.41-48. http://www.jofamericanscience.org.
- Nahed El Mahallawy, Mostafa R A, Amany Khaled and Madiha Shoeib “Design and simulation of different multilayer solar selective coating for solar thermal applications” Materials Research Express 5 (2018) 046402, p 1-16. IF 1.16 Eigen Factor 0.002.
- Amany Khaled, Nahed El-Mahallawy, Madiha Shoeib and Mostafa R.A. Atia, “ Design of Sol-Gel Copper Oxide Based Coating for Solar Energy Applications” Journal of Al-Azhar University Engineering Sector Vol. 14, No. 50, January, 2019, 245-257.
- Khaled, Amany; El Mahallawy, Nahed; Shoeib, Madiha; Atia, Mostafa "pH value variation for effective solar energy harnessing of copper oxide based sol-gel prepared coatings" Surface Topography: Metrology and Properties , 7 (2019) 025006 http://doi.org/ 10.1088/2051-672X/ab161b. p.1-12 April 2019 IF 2.439 EF 0.0013 from https://tinyurl.com/y5xez8tf.
- N El Mahallawy, F. A. Aref, M. S. Abd-Elhady “Effect of metallic reflectors and surface characteristics on the productivity rate of water desalination systems” Journal: Thermal Science and Engineering Progress 17 (2020) 100489 January 2020 online version IF= DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tsep.2020.100489 Cite Score 4.31.
- Fatma Taha , Nahed El Mahallawy and Madiha Shoeib “A study of sol gel process parameters on CoCuMnOx selective coating characteristics Mater. Res. Express 7 (2020) 026410 Impact Factor 1.9 EF=0.002 https://doi.org/10.1088/2053-1591/ab70de.
Renewable Solar Energy
- Surface Engineering and treatment using different techniques for coating steel and magnesium alloys for improved corrosion and wear resistance