“We Sustain Talent with Knowledge and Practice“
The Department of Architecture aspires to be regional and internationally recognized in distinctive areas of sustainable development and information technology, and to produce creative and leading architects well prepared for the challenges of the information age at the scientific and professional level.
The mission of the Department of Architecture is to provide design education driven by a professional and technology-oriented focus and highly committed to sustainability. The department is devoted to educating and inspiring future generations of designers who are both technically skilled and ethically professional. The program is set with the following intentions:
- To enhance the students’ awareness of some non-related to their specialization sciences, especially which are related to human sciences to enhance their social involvement.
- To equip students with the required basic knowledge of basic sciences, engineering sciences, architectural sciences and environmental sciences. In addition to, enhancing the student’s interpersonal skills to understand, coordinate with, and lead other engineering disciplines in the architectural profession;
- To enhance the creativity and critical thinking abilities of students;
- To augment the intellectual capacity to develop architectural and urban designs based on scientific research, technological innovation and sustainability.
- To prepare students to acquire the individual skills and ethics required for long-term learning and competent professional practice
Career Opportunity and Scope of Work:
Graduates will have job opportunities in the field of architecture design, interior design, landscape architecture, tender documents, as well as executive architecture projects.
- Bachelor of Architectural Engineering/ Architecture.
- Master of Science in Architectural Engineering (MSc.).
- Doctor of Philosophy in Architectural Engineering(PhD).
- Diploma of Architectural Engineering (Upon the department offering).
Heads of Department:
- Prof Dr. Abdel Mageed Rostom
- Prof Dr Abdel Naby El Nahas
- Prof Dr Hussein Fahmey Elbaroudy (1957 - 1959)
- Prof Dr Mahmoud Elhakeem (1959 - 1965)
- Prof Dr Roshdy Botros (1965 - 1971)
- Prof Dr Nasry Kamel (1971 - 1977)
- Prof Dr Fouad Elfaramawy (1977 - 1983)
- Prof Dr Abdel Baki Ibraheem (1983 - 1986)
- Prof Dr M. Zaki Hawas (1986 - 1989)
- Prof Dr Emam Shalaby (1989 - 1992)
- Prof Dr Mohamed Kamel (1992 - 1995)
- Prof Dr Sayed Madbouly (1995 - 1997)
- Prof Dr Hisham Elalfy (1997 - 1997)
- Prof Dr Mohamed Fathy Elbaradi (1997 - 2003)
- Prof Dr Aly Fathy Eid (2003 - 2006)
- Prof Dr Yaser Mansour (2006 - 2012)
- Prof Dr Mohamed Gabr (2012-2015)
- Prof Dr Yasser Mansour (2015-2017)
- Prof Dr Hossam Alborombaly (2017-2018)
- Prof Dr Shaimaa Kamel (2018 till now)