Area of Study :
Mechanical engineers should be curious about how things are made and work. Mechanical engineering covers the design, analysis, testing, and manufacturing of products that are used in every facet of modern society. Mechanical engineers conceive, plan, design, and direct the production, distribution, and operation of a wide variety of devices, machines, and systems as well as environmental control and materials processing, transportation, and handling. The program enables students to develop the following thoroughly:
- Understanding of mechanical engineering principles and expertise that is uniquely automotive in nature.
- Understanding based on the Mechanical Engineering program.
- Basic engineering principles and including studies in mathematics and the physical sciences.
Later years build upon acquired knowledge and include specialized topics such as automotive safety, alternative fuels, advanced manufacturing, automotive powertrain and vehicle dynamics, automotive combustion technology, automotive suspension and undercarriage, automotive NVH and aerodynamics, automotive electrical and electronic systems, advanced materials and joining, and vehicle emission control. Engineering students are also required to undertake studies in courses designed to assist them develop the communication skills necessary to work effectively.
Providing a scientific, practical and advanced educational environment to create successful automotive engineers who contribute their knowledge and skills to maintenance, design, re-design, research and development in the field of cars locally and globally.
Serving the community by graduating automotive engineers who have the ability to comprehend, implement and develop the prominent skills in the field of automotive engineering.
The main goal of the "Automotive Engineering program” is to prepare engineers who are
- Taking a leading role in the professional practice on the scale of national and regional automotive industry, and to communicate and work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Compelled to challenge critical global issues through holding responsibility of the built environment, responding to societal needs, and conserving natural resources, and display professional and ethical responsibilities, and contextual understanding
- Identifying, formulating, and solving fundamental engineering problems
- Demonstrating the capacity of critical thinking, creativity, lifelong learning, self-development.
Adopting a holistic problem-solving approach for complex, ambiguous, and open-ended challenges and scenarios.
Career Opportunities :
Careers in the automotive and other high-tech industries.However, being based on a Mechanical Engineering degree, graduates in Automotive Engineering will retain flexibility in the choice of engineering industry for their careers. In most cases, graduates will also be able to work wherever mechanical engineers are employed.