Surface Engineering and treatment using different techniques for coating steel and magnesium alloys for improved corrosion and wear resistance
Surface engineering of metallic materials has a wide range of applications in order to control the surface properties of these alloys. For this purpose, coating different substrate materials such as steel, stainless steel and alloy steels are used to increase wear and corrosion resistance as well as acting as thermal barrier layer. Different techniques were used including thermal spray coating and sol gel techniques
Related Journal Publication List
- N. El- Mahallawy, M.A. Taha and Madiha Shoeib “ Analysis of the Reaction Layer Formed on Steel Strips During Hot-Dip Aluminizing” in: Materials Science and Technology, vol. 18, p. 1202-1208, 2002.
- N. El Mahallawy, H. Palkowski, M. Shoeib and M.A. Maamoun “ Electro and Electroless Coating of Magnsium AZ31 Sheets: a Comparative Study”, Steel Grips- J. of Steel and Related Materials 2, No 2, March/ April 2004, p. 130-139.
- N. El Mahallawy, A. Bakkar, M. Shoeib, H. Palkowski and V. Neubert “ Electroless Ni-P coating of different magnesium alloys” Surface & Coating Technology, 202, (2008), 5151- 5157.
- N. El Mahallawy “ Surface Treatment of Magnesium Alloys by Electroless Ni-P Plating Technique with Emphasis on Zinc Pre-Treatment: A Review” Key Engineering Materials vol 384 ( 2008), p. 241-262, Trans Techn Publ. , Switzerland, ed, N. El Mahallawy and M.Zhang.
- Adele Carradò, Mohamed A. Taha and Nahed A. El-Mahallawy “Nanocrystalline -Al2O3 thin films produced by magnetron sputtering at low temperature” published in Journal of Coatings Technology and Research, 7(4):515-519, July 2010, DOI: 10.1007/s11998-009-9198-9.
- M.A. Taha, N. El Mahallawy, R. Hammouda, S.I. Nassef:” PVD coating of Mg- AZ31 by thin layer of Al and Al-Si” J. Coating Technology Research , 7(6):793-800 November 2010 DOI: 10.1007/s11998-010-9252-7.
- N. El Mahallawy, M.Shoeib , M.H.Abouelenain” AZ91 Magnesium alloys: Anodizing using environmental friendly electrolytes” Journal of Surface Engineered Materials and Advanced Technology, 2011, 1, 62-72 published online July 2011.
- N. N. El Mahallawy and M. Harhash “Recent studies on coating of some magnesium alloys; anodizing, electroless and hot press cladding” key Engineering Materials, Vol. 533 (2013) p. 167-181.
- M. Harhash, S Ataya, M A Abdel Hady. N El Mahallawy” Microstructural characterization and kinetics of diffusion bonded AZ31/Al by hot press cladding” Mat.-wiss. u. Werkstofftech (Material Science and Technology) Wiley Publ. Feb 2014, 45, No. 1, p.15-20. Eigen Factor 0.01.
- H. Abdeldaim | N. El Mahallawy “Protective pre-deposited slurry dip-coating alumina layer on TBC system” Materials and Corrosion. 2017; 9999:1–8 IF =1.5 Eigen Factor =0.003.