Prostheses and Biomechatronics
In this research area, the mechatronics and state of the art technology have been used to understand the motor control of ablied bodies and amputees to develop assitive technologies to enhance their quailty of life.
Related Journal Publication List
- Tahir Hussain, Nadeem Iqbal, Hafiz Farhan Maqbool, Mukhtaj Khan, Mohammed Ibrahim Awad, Abbas A Dehghani-Sanij, “Intent based recognition of walking and ramp activities for amputee using sEMG based lower limb prostheses”, Biocybernetics and Biomedical Engineering, 2020.
- H. F. Maqbool, M. A. B. Husman, M. I. Awad, A. Abouhossein, N. Iqbal, and A. A. Dehghani-Sanij, "Heuristic real-time detection of temporal gait events for lower limb amputees”, IEEE Sensors Journal, 2019 (DOI: 10.1109/JSEN.2018.2889970).
- M. Zarzoura, P. Del Moral, M. I Awad, and F. A. Tolbah, “Investigation into reducing anthropomorphic hand degrees of freedom while maintaining human hand grasping functions”, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part H: Journal of Engineering in Medicine, 2019.
- H. F. Maqbool, M. A. B. Husman, M. I. Awad, A. Abouhossein, N. Iqbal, and A. A. Dehghani-Sanij, "A Real-Time Gait Event Detection for Lower Limb Prosthesis Control and Evaluation," IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering (ISSN: 1534-4320), Vol. 25, Issue 9, pp.1500-1509, 2017.
- Z. W. Lui, M. I. Awad, A. Abouhossein, A. A. Dehghani-Sanij, and N. Messenger, "Virtual prototyping of a semi-active transfemoral prosthetic leg," Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part H: Journal of Engineering in Medicine (ISSN 2041-3033), vol. 229, pp. 350-361, 2015.