3-2 Engine Management and Fault Diagnosis
This training focuses on the 4-stroke manifold injection, gasoline engine operation, management system, maintenance and repair. This training is a good opportunity for Engineers who are interested in maintenance, fault diagnosis and repair.
This course aims at providing the trainees with the technical skills to:
- Diagnose the root of the fault using many diagnostic techniques and tools to quantify the improper operation or signal shape for certain part.
- Understand the theory of operation for all the components of the engine management to be able to perform diagnosis.
- Be familiar with on-board diagnostics for passenger cars.
- Test sensors and actuators with multimeter and oscilloscope.
Trainee should have a passion to automotive field, and basic background on internal combustion engine operation.
The course covers the following contents:
- Session 1: Engine operation, maintenance, and repair.
- Session 2: Diagnostic techniques and tools.
- Session 3: Sensors, actuators and oscilloscope diagnostics.
- Session 4: On-board diagnostics (OBD).
- Session 5: Engine sub-systems fault diagnosis 1
- Session 6: Engine sub-systems fault diagnosis 2
- Two weeks – 30 hours
- (Saturday, Monday, and Wednesday)
- 2300 EGP
Number of trainees
12 - 16
Dr. Fady Ibrahim