Integrated Circuits Lab (ICL)
- 1980, semiconductor equipment were installed in the ICL.
- 1981, first solar cell prototype was fabricated.
- 1982, MOS capacitors preparation and characterization started.
- June 1982, first MOSFET prototype was fabricated.
- 1986 and 1987, transparent conducting thin films (ITO) fabrication took place.
- 1987 – 1990, research on solar hydrogen generation.(in collaboration with KSA – Riyadh)
- 1991 – 1993, ICL started open-source design tools training /testing equipment operation
- 1995, ICL started Mentor Graphics EDA tools acquisition/training.
- 1998, ICL produced its first chip prototype.
- Started 1998, ICL had multiple tape-outs related to MSc/PhD theses
- Ten faculty members with diverse expertise.
- Starting 1995, ICL offers state-of-the-art graduation projects.
- 2006 – 2014, ICL held graduate training on VLSI. (Ministry of Telecom Program)
- Prof. Hani Ragai
- Prof. Hisham Haddarra (CEO of Si-Ware Company)
- Prof. Khaled Sharaf
- Prof. Mohamed Desouky
- Prof. Emad Hegazi (Lab Director & Faculty Vice dean of Research & PG).
- Dr. Mohamed El nozahi
- Dr. Sameh Ibrahim
- Dr. Mohamed Elsheikh
- Dr. Ayman Hassan
- Dr. Diaa Eldeen Sayed
- Dr. Hesham Omran
Many projects have been held using external funding:
- “ Electrochemical Control of Silicon Surfaces for Electronic and Solar Applications", EC project (INCO), 1994 - 1996.
- “ Development of Simulation Models for Analog IC Design Reuse”, Mentor Graphics Egypt, 2000 - 2001.
- “ MEMS for HF Applications”, MEMScAP Egypt, 2001 - 2003.
- “ Study of DG SOI MOSFETs for Nanoelectronics, IMHOTEP, 2006 - 2007.
- “ Test Circuit Design using a virtual technology for testing Caliber” , Mentor Graphics Egypt, 2006 – 2008.
- “ WSNs for O&G Industry”, NTRA – UFE, 2010 - 2012.
- “WSNs Wind Farms”, STDF – Mansoura Univ., 2011 - 2012.
- “ MEMS-Based Timing Chips for IT/Mobile Applications”, ITAC, ASU/MEMS Vision, 2010 – 2013.
- “Wireless Electrode ECG”, NTRA, 2012 – 2015.
- “Robust SRAM Design”, ITAC/ITIDA, 2014 – 2015.
- “A High-Precision SAW Oscillator”, Si-Ware Systems & Silterra Malaysia, 2015 – 2016.
Running Research Projects
- “Smart Wireless LED Driver for Public Lighting ”, RDI-2, Tegrom, Started May 2014.
- “Design of energy efficient Embedded SRAM Memory and Standard Cells for Ultra-low Voltage Applications”, ITIDA-ITAC, Started March 2014.
- “Fully Integrated Weather Station Chips for Smart Phones & Tablets”, ITIDA-ITAC, Started Feb. 2015.
- “POTOO: A Low-Power 12-Gbps Multi-Standard SERDES PHY”, ITIDA & Mipex, Started May 2016.
- DC characterization
- 4142 DC Source/Monitor (20fA, 4µV)
- Analog/RF characterization
- Oscilloscope 8GHz, 20GSa/s
- Signal Sources
- RF Generator 250kHz - 3GHz
- Arbitrary Waveform Generator - 4.2 GS/s
- Signal Analyzers
- 30Hz-2.9GHz Spectrum Analyzer
- 300KHz to 3GHz RF Network Analyzer
- Digital characterization
- Logic Analyzers 68Ch - 235MHz
- Pattern Generator 64Ch - 268MHz
- PCB characterization
- Digital Serial Analyzer 20 GHz W/TDR
ICL consistes of three main parts
mentor graphics (seminar) room
ICL Students' Chips
Outcomes from Graduation Projects and MSc/PhD Theses
Electronics and MEMS (1998 – 2014)