Welcome to Ain Shams University faculty of Engineering (ASUFE)! The start of a new academic life is always an exciting time, and ASUFE is looking forward to welcoming you to the campus as part of our community. Lately, we were very busy revolutionize and update our curriculum and programs to cope with international standards. Along with our accredited programs from EU universities and we are seeking the membership of CDIO, a universities network of excellence founded by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (US) and the royal institute of Technology (Sweden).
ASUFE is offering 22 different educational programs divided into specialized programs and interdisciplinary programs to satisfy wide range of international, regional and domestic markets requirement of highly qualified and trained engineers. Students are able to enrol in any of these programs according to the following admission rules:
Enrolment Requirements and Scholarship System
- Programs offered by ASUFE are divided into two categories: Specialized and Inter-Disciplinary. The scholarship students are allowed to be enrolled in the Specialized Programs, whereas the Inter-Disciplinary Programs have separate Tuition Fees decided by the Council of Ain Shams University every year.
- Students who are enrolled directly to the Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University, through the National Coordination Office (Tansik), can join either the specialized programs or the Inter-Disciplinary Programs in which case she/he will pay the separate Tuition Fees decided by the Council of Ain Shams University every year
- Students who are not enrolled directly to the Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University, through the National Coordination Office, but has achieved the minimum Engineering Sector requirement, can join the Inter-Disciplinary Programs paying the separate Tuition Fees decided by the Council of Ain Shams University every year.
Placement Tests to newly admitted students.
- The study at the Faculty of Engineering requires minimum level of English Language and Mathematics. A placement test in Mathematics will be organized for all accepted students except students with an Egyptian High School Diploma (Thanaweya Amma) or an International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE). If the student passes this test, then he will be exempted from taking Basic Mathematics Course. The Basic Mathematics course is a pre-requisite for all Faculty requirements courses with zero credit.
- A placement test in English will be organized for all accepted students except students with an International High School Diploma where the main study language is English. If the student passes this test, then he will be exempted from taking the English Course. The English course, with zero credit, is a pre-requisite for all Faculty requirements courses.
Academic Semesters and Registration
- The academic year comprises three semesters:
- First main semester (Fall): Begins on Saturday of the third week of September (22nd of Sep 2018) and lasts for 15 weeks of teaching followed by 3 weeks of examinations. Course registration takes place within 3 weeks before the starting day of the semester.
- Second main semester (Spring): Begins in February and lasts for 15 weeks followed by 3 weeks of examination. Course registration takes place within 1 week before the starting day of the semester.
- Summer semester: Begins late June or early July and lasts for 7 weeks followed by 1 week of examination. Course registration takes place within 1 week before the starting day of the semester.
- Registration is not final until the full tuition fees of the semester are paid, if applicable.
- Registration in the Summer semester is optional.
The GPA of each course is calculated based on the marks a student collects during his study of this course (Student Activities – Mid Term Exam – Practical Exam – Final Exam). The following table shows how to calculate the GPA based on the collected marks. The student must get a minimum of Grade D in order to pass the course and be used in the calculation of the Cumulative GPA.
Course grades and equivalent GPA.
|Marks % Collected
|More than 97%
|93% to less than 97%
|89% to less than 93%
|84% to less than 89%
|80% to less than 84%
|76% to less than 80%
|73% to less than 76%
|70% to less than 73%
|67% to less than 70%
|64% to less than 67%
|60% to less than 64%
|Less than 60%
Ain Shams University, upon the request of the Faculty of Engineering Council, awards the Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Degree in one of the Programs listed below, which are the Programs offered by the Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University.