سامي محمد ذكى عفيفى
أستاذ مساعد في التخطيط العمرانى
Samy Afifi is an associate professor at Urban Planning department - Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University-. He is a member of a team who is responsible for teaching many courses such as Theories and History of Urban Planning, Urban Economics, City Planning and Housing, and Urban Informatics.
In Professional practice, Samy is a cofounder for Urban Development Centre. his elder colleague allowed him to participate in establishing their own firm in 2008. His career allowed him to act, discuss, negotiate, and deal with spectrum of people with different backgrounds and governmental organizations all over Egypt.
His main interest is in tracing and analyzing dynamics during evolution of traditional and contemporary urban settlements.
Book Chapter: Ahmad M. A. Toimah and Samy M. Z. Afifi, 2019, Introducing a Conceptual Framework for Spatial Decision SIM: A Tool Support Decisions for Stakeholders, Handbook of Research on Digital Research Methods and Architectural Tools in Urban Planning and Design, Book, IGI Global, , 138-155
- Aya Negm, Abeer Elshater, Samy Afifi, " Virtual reality and traditional design methods in Egyptian context ", Engineering Research Journal - Faculty of Engineering (Shoubra), 2023
- Nermine A. Fathallah, Samy Afifi, Rowaida Rashed, Ghada Farouk Hassan, " Deserted studio: evaluating remote-learning practices for the post-pandemic era ", Architectural Science Review, 2022
- Shereen Wael, Abeer Elshater, Samy M. Z. Afifi, " Mapping Heat Exposure of Pedestrian Density Around Metro Stations Using Artificial Intelligence ", , 2022
- Esraa Elmarakby, Marwa Khalifa, Abeer Elshater, Samy Afifi, " Tailored methods for mapping urban heat islands in Greater Cairo Region ", Ain Shams Engineering Journal, 2022
- Esraa Elmarakby, Marwa Khalifa, Abeer Elshater, Samy Afifi, " Spatial Morphology and Urban Heat Island: Comparative Case Studies ", , 2020
- , " The Community Participation in the Design Process of Livable Streets ", Innovations and Interdisciplinary Solutions for Underserved Areas, 2019
- , " What makes livable cities of today alike? Revisiting the criterion of singularity through two case studies ", Cities, 2019
- , " Competencies urban planning students need to succeed in professional practices ", Archnet-IJAR: International Journal of Architectural Research, 2019
- Ahmad M. A. Toimah, Samy M. Z. Afifi, " Introducing a Conceptual Framework for Spatial Decision SIM ", Handbook of Research on Digital Research Methods and Architectural Tools in Urban Planning and Design, 2019
Measuring the Impact of Urban Morphology on Urban Heat Islands in Cairo (Project Member)
Smart & Future cities laboratory (SFCL) for Sustainable Urban Solutions (Project Member)
Center of Excellence in Engineering Education (PI)